General Complaints Procedure
Our commitment to customer complaints.
We are committed to providing high quality products and services for all our customers. Of course, as our products are fitted into properties of all types and ages this can be complicated, we recognise that very occasionally things can go wrong.
If you have a query or complaint, we want to know as soon as possible to help us put things right promptly.
Just contact our Customer Care Team with your details and a description of your problem. We are here for you from 8:30am – 4pm weekdays and 8:30am – 2pm Saturdays :
Call us: 01543 674404
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us:
Uniseal UK Ltd
Unit 26c, Ring Road,
Burntwood Business Park,
However you contact us, we will:
• Let you know we’ve received your query
• Tell you who will be responsible for investigating along with their contact details
• Endeavour to return phone calls and emails within three working day
• Do everything we can to resolve things as quickly as possible
• Do what we can to attend within fourteen days if a visit to your property is needed
• Keep you regularly informed of progress throughout
Finance Complaint Procedure
Complaints Contact Details
Name: Steve Cooper
Any complaint verbal or written will be referred to our complaint’s manager at the earliest opportunity or to a member of the senior management if the complaints manager is unavailable. We will also
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing promptly
- Record details on the firm’s system
- Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
- Fully investigate the complaint
- Keep you informed of our progress
- Discuss with you our findings and proposed response
- Ensure that our firm partners have a compliant complaints procedure and are communicating with their customer using this
- Provide clear deadlines to respond
You will receive contact from us advising on progress if we cannot respond immediately. We will let you have our final response as soon as possible and not later than eight weeks.
Uniseal (UK) td.
Customers may express dissatisfaction to Uniseal (UK) about our products and services. We will need to establish whether or not the complaint relates to the information given, the firm or the service and installation. If unclear, this must not delay investigation and we will proceed with our own investigation. The complaints manager will review this matter and take the complaint to the firm for them to investigate and provide a written explanation and any supporting information. This may include photos, checklists or remedial satisfaction notes.
The complaints manager will establish the nature and scope of the complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
- We may take up to 8-weeks to provide a response
It is the firm’s policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant.
- Relating to regulated activity.
- Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
This will set out clearly our decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
The firm must include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service in the final response if dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity, we will:
- Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the ombudsman within six months of the date of the final response letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits.
Complaints Settled within 3 business days
Complaints that can be settled to the customer’s satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated differently.
Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction under this section, the firm will promptly send a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’, being a written communication from them which:
- refers to the fact that the customer has made a complaint and informs them that they now consider the complaint to have been resolved to the customers satisfaction.
- The firm will tell the customer that if they subsequently decide that they are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint they may be able to refer the complaint back to the firm for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- Provide the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
In addition to sending you a Summary Resolution Communication, the firm may also use other methods to communicate the information where:
- We consider that doing so may better meet the customer’s needs; or
- They have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint. This may include recorded calls, emails or text messages.
Closing a complaint
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to the customer. This does not prevent a customer from exercising any rights they may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Financial Ombudsman Service
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. The firm undertakes to pay promptly any fees levied by the Ombudsman.
How Long You Have to Complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service
You have the rght to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date the final response letter.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
|The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR|
|Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people ringing from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling using a mobile) or 020 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad)|